Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Small Stuff!

Listen to this blog.

“But Christ has shown me that what I once thought was valuable is worthless. Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ and to know that I belong to him. I could not make myself acceptable to God by obeying the Law of Moses. God accepted me simply because of my faith in Christ. All I want is to know Christ and the power that raised him to life. I want to suffer and die as he did, so that somehow I also may be raised to life.”

Philippians 3:7-11

When a young man finally meets the "girl of his dreams" everything else begins to become totally unimportant. She is the focus of his every thought and desire. It is an amazing thing to watch him, but it is even more amazing to be him.

When you finally meet Jesus Christ, instead of just hearing about Him, it is very much the same. Just as Paul said, "Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ and to know that I belong to Him."

You may know everything about Jesus without ever meeting Him. Let me assure you it is not the same. Knowing Him and knowing about Him define the difference between relationship and religion.

Jesus wants you to know Him, not just know about Him.

What I'm about to suggest may sound silly, but I think it is really important. When you love someone, every word you speak and hear is significant. Spend some time talking with Jesus about ordinary things in your life. Tell Jesus what you think about everything. Speak with Him about the weather, the traffic, how tired you are, and what you would like for supper. Then you will find it easy to speak with Him about the big stuff in your life as well.

"Jesus, what did you say? Oh yes, I think that's one of the most beautiful sunsets You've ever made!"

No comments:

Post a Comment