Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Saint or Sinner?

Listen to this blog.


Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness,
the Lord will be my light.

Because I have sinned against him,
I will bear the Lord's wrath,
until he pleads my case
and upholds my cause.
He will bring me out into the light;
I will see his righteousness.

Then my enemy will see it
and will be covered with shame,
she who said to me,
"Where is the Lord your God?"
My eyes will see her downfall;
even now she will be trampled underfoot
like mire in the streets.

Micah 7:8-10

Are you a sinner or a saint? The truth is you can be a sinner without being a saint, but you can't be a saint without being a sinner as well. Does that mean as a Christian you accept sin in your life and embrace it as an inevitable part of your existence. Oh no, not at all. The goal of being like Jesus is completely and totally without sin.

But shutting the door to one sin by your own human power simply opens wide the door to another sin, the sin of pride. It would be like a man who decided to commit suicide by holding his breath. If he held his breath long enough he would simply pass out and then start breathing again. You cannot cure sin in your life.

Jesus is the only remedy for sin. Unless you let Jesus deal with your sin, it will not be taken away. Unless you walk the path laid out by the Holy Spirit you will find yourself stumbling into sin over and over again.

But when temptation comes, and it will, just like it did to Jesus when He went into the desert and was tempted by the Devil. The best response to temptation is to quote scripture like Jesus did or to run away like Joseph. The worst response is to try to stand against temptation by your own human power and strength. If you do you will be doomed to fall into sin.

Even then my hope is in Jesus. He pleads my case and upholds my cause. He will bring me out into the light and I will see His righteousness.

"Jesus may Your Blood make me righteous and Your Spirit make my path straight! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment