Thursday, November 10, 2011

Think About Jesus!

Listen to this blog.

The Lord has made you drowsy; he put you into a deep sleep and covered your head. Now his message is like a sealed letter to you. Some of you say, “We can’t read it, because it’s sealed.”

Others say, “We can’t read it, because we don’t know how to read.”

The Lord has said: “These people praise me with their words, but they never really think about me. They worship me by repeating rules made up by humans.

Isaiah 29:10-13

When you travel abroad to a country that doesn't speak your native tongue it is humbling and can be humiliating. You hear the words but have no idea what they mean, you are plunged into the mindset of a small child listening to a scientist expound on nuclear physics. Add the drowsiness of jet-lag to the mix and it is a wonder you even stay awake to hear the words that for you have no meaning.

Did you know that the Lord Himself can make you drowsy and even put you into a deep sleep? When you praise Him with words, but never really think about Him, His message for you becomes a sealed letter which you cannot read.

A couple of weeks ago I was in the final stages of a cold when I tried to beat the lingering symptoms with a cold pill that I thought was a "Daytime" formula. It was not and I could not stay awake. I actually came home early from work because I was not alert enough to effectively do my job.

If you are spiritually awake, you can see a world that is about to fall apart and is either in serious birth pangs or may soon pass away. If you are not spiritually awake you are trying to find a better politician to fix the problems of this world, or you have decided to ignore the problems altogether and just focus on your video games and movies!

Turn your heart to Jesus. He will wake you up and show you the real Hope of the World! While everyone else is either sleeping or in despair you will be getting ready to meet the King of all Creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment