Sunday, July 13, 2014

Bad Language!

IMG_0198

 

I will purify each language

and make those languages

acceptable for praising me.

Then, with hearts united,

everyone will serve

only me, the Lord.

 

From across the rivers

of Ethiopia,

my scattered people,

my true worshipers,

will bring offerings to me.

 

When that time comes,

you won't rebel against me

and be put to shame.

I'll do away with those

who are proud and arrogant.

Never will any of them

strut around

on my holy mountain.

 

But I, the Lord, won't destroy

any of your people

who are truly humble

and turn to me for safety.

 

The people of Israel who survive

will live right

and refuse to tell lies.

They will eat and rest

with nothing to fear.


Zephaniah 3:9-13

 

Is your language pure? The problem with "Bad Language" is that you cannot Praise God while speaking evil words! If you could print out a list of your vocabulary and present it to God for His approval how many of your words would be scratched off of God's list?


Bad language is like the aroma that comes from a pot of spoiled stew. It may look like it is good, but you know from the smell that no one should even taste it. The fragrance that comes from your heart reveals the condition of your life before God!
Maybe you like me have never made "bad language" a part of your everyday vocabulary, but that does not keep you from using "good words" to express hurtful and even evil thoughts. Over the course of your life some words will change meaning, but bad attitudes stay the same.


I can think of two specific examples of words that have changed their meaning in American English. The first one I would never have used when I was in my teens, but now it is quite common and has lost all of it's initial meaning. The second one is changing today but I don't think I will live long enough to be comfortable with it's new meaning!


Remember that your words begin in your heart. The attitude of your heart is the source of your words. You may hide your heart for a while, but eventually your words will reveal it to everyone around you.


The words to reject are those that would not be appropriate to speak as you stand before the throne of God. If a word would not be well spoken for God to hear, then it should not be spoken anywhere!


"Lord Jesus, may the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to You now and forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment