Wednesday, July 16, 2014

God Knows What You are Thinking!

 

DSC00145

In certain ways we are weak, but the Spirit is here to help us. For example, when we don't know what to pray for, the Spirit prays for us in ways that cannot be put into words.  All of our thoughts are known to God. He can understand what is in the mind of the Spirit, as the Spirit prays for God's people.

Romans 8:26-27

God knows what you are thinking!  From the very beginning, men have been trying to hide from God when they sin.  But hiding from God is an impossibility.  God knows where you are, who you are, what you are doing and even what you are thinking!  I suppose many who choose not to yield their lives to God would rather pretend that God does not exist at all!  If God is there and you oppose Him the odds against you are overwhelming!

I am not an atheist, but I am regularly tempted to believe that God does not know what I am thinking.  Other people hear what I say and may see what I do, but God even knows what I am thinking.  If people knew what thoughts are harbored in your heart would they see you any differently?  I remember as a child hearing someone say: "You can't keep a bird from flying over your head, but you can keep him from making a nest in your hair!" 

The battlefield for righteousness, if you are a Christian is often not your words or actions.  The struggle is with your "private" thoughts!  You see it may be true that physically "you are what you eat," but it is also true that spiritually "you become what you think!"

"Lord Jesus, help me today to really believe that You know my every thought!  You Lord are there even in my most secret place!  And may I glorify and praise You there as well!  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment