Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Too Little?

IMG_3529

 

I am not complaining about having too little. I have learned to be satisfied with whatever I have.   I know what it is to be poor or to have plenty, and I have lived under all kinds of conditions. I know what it means to be full or to be hungry, to have too much or too little.   Christ gives me the strength to face anything.

Philippians 4:11-13

When you thank the Lord for all the "blessings" He has given you, are you thinking about material things or spiritual blessings? I must confess that for most of my life the "things" that come from God have been on top of the list of "blessings." Since I live in an affluent country and have never seen people in this land who are starving it is easy for me to focus on physical blessings. I see them everywhere.


But the Apostle Paul says that he had been poor, hungry and had "too little" at times during his life. How could this be? The chosen messenger of God to the gentiles without resources to keep him going, or even enough food to eat!


I have always believed that if I am walking in "the will of God" I will not be poor or hungry. But that is not what happened to Paul. There were days in Paul's life when God did not give him resources and food, but rather Christ gave Paul the strength to face the problem of having "too little!"


Knowing Jesus Christ is a blessing that far exceeds having enough physical things to keep you going in this world. The richest man on earth and the poorest are both one heartbeat away from Eternity! And in fact Jesus even said that it is hard for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven!

So don't be surprised if there are times in your life when the physical blessings are in short supply! Those are the times when you can depend on the strength of Jesus who will help you endure anything!


"Lord Jesus, You are all I need in this world or the next! The blessing of fellowship with You is the greatest thing now and forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment