Tuesday, July 1, 2014

How Can God Forget?

 

2013-05-18 06.43.45

Click here to listen to blog

“When the time comes,

I will make an agreement

with them.

I will write my laws

on their minds and hearts.

 

Then I will forget

about their sins

and no longer remember

their evil deeds.”

 

When sins are forgiven, there is no more need to offer sacrifices.

Hebrews 10:16-18

As most folks do, as I grow older I am getting much better at forgetting!  I can forget appointments, grocery lists, and I am especially good at forgetting why I just now went to the garage and what I was planning on getting!  Somehow I have always thought that my forgetfulness was a bad thing, but maybe not!

Almighty God forgets the sins and evil deeds of those who have made an agreement with Him through the Blood of Jesus!  So perhaps being able to forget is a Godly characteristic!  Notice that God does not say that He pretends to forget our sins!  He doesn't act as if our sins never happened!  The God of Heaven and earth who knows "everything there is" will not remember our sins!  I think that means that the Blood of Jesus obliterates our sins from the timeline of history! 

When God forgets your sin, there is then no record of it ever happening!  Again, God knows everything, so if God cannot remember your sin then it does not exist!  That is pretty mind boggling.

But what about the sins that I can remember?  What do I do about them?  The answer is simple.  Bring your sins to the Cross of Jesus and leave them there and then be Godly about it and forget them!  Live today as if you had never, ever sinned before and as if sin is the farthest thing from your mind!  When you are tempted to sin, recognize that your life is untouched by the stain of sin and that sinning is something you do not want to happen! 

All have sinned, for sure, but the power of the Blood of Jesus is beyond anyone's imagination in it's ability to deal with sin in your life! 

"What can wash away my sin?  Nothing but the Blood of Jesus!"  And then God forgets that I ever even sinned! 

"Lord Jesus, may You be praised forever for Your power to wipe out sin from the lives of those who come to You.  And may all Glory be Yours throughout Eternity!   Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment