Monday, July 7, 2014

Let Your Love Grow!

IMG_6314

I know everything you have done, including your hard work and how you have endured. I know you won't put up with anyone who is evil. When some people pretended to be apostles, you tested them and found out they were liars. You have endured and gone through hard times because of me, yet you have not given up.

But I do have something against you! And it is this: You don't have as much love as you used to.

Revelation 2:2-4

When I was just a toddler my mother taught me a "bantering of words" game. She would ask me "How much do you love me?" And I would answer "More than words can tell!" Then I would ask her the same question and she would give the same answer. Love is alive and as a living reality, love grows. The longer real love exists the bigger it gets!

These verses from Revelation 2 clearly point out that if your love is not growing then you do have a serious problem. So when Jesus asks you, "How much do you love Me?" your answer must be "More than words can tell" but your answer must also be a life that reveals a growing love for Jesus!


Like a beautiful rose bush, a growing love produces buds of promise that bloom into the gorgeous flowers of spring and summer. Don't forget that the roses on even an ancient rose bush are as fresh and new as the roses on a very young plant.


Love that grows is an exciting thing. When love between a young man and a young woman grows everyone can see the buds of spring beginning to bloom. When your love for Jesus grows it is the same. If you are a follower of Jesus Christ you are not only a disciple of Jesus, you are His "loved one!" "Jesus loves me, this I know!" And today I can let my mind and heart ponder the beauty of the One I love!


"Jesus, You are the Love of my life! You are everything I have ever needed! You are the totality of all my desires! May my love for You grow even more as I walk through this day! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment