Thursday, August 25, 2011

God Bless You!

Listen to this blog.


“God blesses those people
who depend only on him.
They belong to the kingdom
of heaven!”

Matthew 5:3

Saying "God bless you" when someone sneezes is a very old practice and one for which the origin is not certain. It may have started when sneezing was an early symptom of the Bubonic plague and the blessing of God was invoked to ward it off.

In what is now call the "Beatitudes" Jesus mentions nine instances of people who are blessed by God. The top of the list is someone who depends only on God.

Life's highest goal is to depend only on God for everything. A simple definition of sin would be when we let go of our dependence on God and hold on to something or someone else for our needs! God is willing to give me wisdom, a path for my walk, food and clothing, even as He does the Lilies of the field. God answers all my prayers and lovingly corrects me when I need it. God is my savings account, my retirement, my health insurance, and my doctor. There is nothing in this life that I need that cannot come from the hand of God!

As you walk through this day, look for even small ways in which you are not depending only on God and then repent. God will bless you even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment