Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Harmonize with Heaven!

 
Listen to this blog.

Then I heard all beings in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and in the sea offer praise. Together, all of them were saying,
“Praise, honor, glory,
and strength
forever and ever
to the one who sits
on the throne
and to the Lamb!”

 
Revelation 5:13

It was almost fifty years ago, but the memory is still vivid. My first practice session with our college choir grabbed my heart and has never let go. It was the sound of many people singing in "perfect harmony." My ears brought the sound into my body, but then it filled all my senses with something I had never felt before. I could not hear any individual voice, just the blended sound of the group. My job was to lend my voice to become part of that unity of sound.

Then there was the angel. When everyone was absolutely on key there were times when we could hear an overtone that sounded like an angel singing an octave or two above everyone else. Frankly, I have not heard the angel now in almost fifty years. The “angel” was there because we were in perfect harmony.

When all the beings in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and in the sea offer praise together the experience will never be forgotten. What will that day be like when all the creatures of God blend their voices in perfect harmony to praise Him? Hearts will beat with joy and throb with pleasure.

But as followers of Jesus wait for that day to come, and it will, our job now is to blend our voices, hearts and lives in perfect harmony in praising and worshipping the One who created us all!

Then we will once again and forever more HEAR THE ANGEL!

No comments:

Post a Comment