Tuesday, August 2, 2011

When Jesus Comes to My House!

Listen to this blog.


“I heard a loud voice shout from the throne:
God’s home is now with his people. He will live with them, and they will be his own. Yes, God will make his home among his people. He will wipe all tears from their eyes, and there will be no more death, suffering, crying, or pain. These things of the past are gone forever.”

Revelation 21:3-4

Anticipating a new member of the family is a marvelous time. In our home it happened twice as the baby grew for nine months in my wife's womb and four more times as the new member of the family grew in our hearts while we waited for the approval to adopt! Either way our lives were changed forever when the new child arrived in our home.

A new member of the family becomes the total focus of every day for new parents. The needs and even wants of the baby become the first priority of the day and night.

I also remember when I was twelve and my grandmother came to live with us after my grandfather passed away. I know it was hard on her, but it was such a blessing to have her in our home. She was an emotional solid rock and tried to encourage me every day. I confided many things to my grandmother that I never told my parents.

In a special and truly amazing way after this life is over God will live with His people. No one can even imagine how wonderful that will be. Like little children frolicking with their father while waiting for a special Sunday morning breakfast to be prepared we will experience the joy of the Lord in a way that will touch every fiber of our being.

While we wait for that time of ecstasy there is a way to sample it now. Invite Jesus to live in your home and be a part of every moment of every day. He is willing to accept your offer of a place to live, and He wants you to make Him a place at your table.

When Jesus comes to your house, He never "wears out His welcome!"

No comments:

Post a Comment