Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Falling in the Darkness

Listen to this blog.

The lifestyle of the wicked is like total darkness,
and they will never know
what makes them stumble.

My child, listen carefully to everything I say.

Don’t forget a single word, but think about it all.

Knowing these teachings will mean true life
and good health for you.

Carefully guard your thoughts because they are the source
of true life.

Proverbs 4:19-23

I wasn't going to mention it, but these verses remind me of my own foolishness. It's been about two weeks now. I was almost ready to leave for work when I started down the stairs to the main floor of our house. It was dark and I neglected to turn on the light. When I stepped on the cat I jerked in an attempt to avoid my full weight sending the cat to an early grave and I fell! I bumped down the entire flight of steps like a small child pretending he is on the playground. I am not a child and I am not small, so the ride to the bottom was quick but painful. Miraculously, I broke no bones and now most of the bruising is gone.

Those who don't follow Jesus walk in darkness all day every day. For them the sun never rises and yet like a person born blind, they never know what they are missing.

We were all born spiritually blind. Like me when I tripped on the cat in the dark those who never let Jesus heal their eyes will fall without even knowing why.

The miracles that Jesus performed were all symbols and types of eternal truth! We are blind and need the miracle of healing in our eyes. We are all deaf to the Words of God and need our ears to be made whole. We are all dead and need to be raised to life. We are all starving spiritually and need the bread that Jesus passes out to those who follow Him.

"Lord, without the light of Your Word I will stumble today. Unless You heal my ears I cannot hear Your clear Word of warning. Without Your Resurrection I will stay in the grave forever. Without Your love I cannot love You or anyone else! Lord, unless You light up my life I will fall into Hell forever. Save me Lord, today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment