Sunday, January 8, 2012

The First Supper in Heaven!

Listen to this blog.

The day of the Lord’s return will surprise us like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a loud noise, and the heat will melt the whole universe. Then the earth and everything on it will be seen for what they are.

Everything will be destroyed. So you should serve and honor God by the way you live. You should look forward to the day when God judges everyone, and you should try to make it come soon.  On that day the heavens will be destroyed by fire, and everything else will melt in the heat.

But God has promised us a new heaven and a new earth, where justice will rule. We are really looking forward to that!

2 Peter 3:10-13

I remember when I was five years old standing at the front window of our house looking for my father to come home from work. It was really the best part of my day. The prediction would come from my mother. She could accurately read the clock. I could not yet. He almost always came home about five o'clock and we would all sit down to supper and listen to stories about each other's day. If I think about it long enough I can still catch the wonder of those meals with my family at the close of every day. They were wonder filled!

Then came the TV tray. It seemed innocent enough and was a great convenience. If we wanted to eat something while watching our television we all had a tiny instant table on which to eat. But when you eat a meal using TV trays in front of a television, the communion of souls is necessarily missing. We didn't even have a remote control to turn off the volume during commercials.

Are you standing at the window waiting and watching for the Lord to return as He said He would? We do not know the day or hour, but we do know for certain that Jesus will return. And when He does we will all sit down together to eat that first meal in Heaven! I don't know for sure, but I imagine that the menu for that meal will include fruit from the Tree of LIfe!

And the communion shared as eat that First Supper is beyond anyone's imagination. Nothing will interfere with that incredible time as we share stories about each other lives! I want to tell the one about the time when I first realized that Jesus is real and that He really loves me! But first, please pass the Bread of Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment