Sunday, January 1, 2012

Turn Back Again!

Listen to this blog.


Everyone in Israel should then know for certain that God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, even though you put him to death on a cross.

When the people heard this, they were very upset. They asked Peter and the other apostles, “Friends, what shall we do?”

Peter said, “Turn back to God! Be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins will be forgiven. Then you will be given the Holy Spirit.

This promise is for you and your children. It is for everyone our Lord God will choose, no matter where they live.”

Peter told them many other things as well. Then he said, “I beg you to save yourselves from what will happen to all these evil people.” On that day about three thousand believed his message and were baptized.

Acts 2:36-41

Jesus said that we should all be like little children. So when do little children turn away from God? I believe it is when they like Adam and Eve ignore the will of God and choose to go their own way. Every child eventually steps up to the tree of the knowledge good and evil and tastes the fruit. Jesus is the only man who ever lived who did not follow in the steps of Adam and Eve.

We all inherit the nature of our father. Our father Adam had a nature that was given over to sin. He chose the fulfillment of his own desires over the will of God in his life and we all do the same. The Bible clearly says that "all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God."

When I make my resolutions to do better this year than I did the last and determine to be strong and keep myself from sin, I am dreaming. There is only one way I can keep myself from falling into the old trap of sin that keeps holding me in it's grip. That way is Jesus Himself. Only Jesus can impart to me the nature of my Father who knows no sin!

Do I need to turn back to God only once in my life? Oh, no I need to turn back to God at least once a day and often it is many times each day that my heart takes a step in the wrong direction.

"Lord once again today, immerse me in Your will and drown me in Your Love and keep me close to You. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment